Each year, hundreds of leading researchers and scientists display their latest findings at SLEEP. Abstract submission for SLEEP 2013 is closed. The abstract submission deadline was December 17. The deadline for authors of accepted sessions to submit confict of interest information, CV and biographic info is March 1, 2013.
Call for Late-Breaking Abstracts
The Associated Professional Sleep Societies, LLC (APSS) will be accepting late-breaking abstract submissions for presentation at SLEEP 2013. Late-breaking abstracts should include high quality emerging data found between December 2012 and March 2013. Abstracts may be submitted from Tuesday, February 19 through Friday, March 15, 2013. Up to five late-breaking abstracts will be selected by a peer-review process to be completed by the APSS Program Committee for oral presentation at SLEEP 2013 on Wednesday, June 5, 2013 from 12:30pm – 1:30pm. Presentations will be selected based on outstanding scientific quality and innovation for a 10-minute lecture with an additional 5 minutes for questions.
To submit a late-breaking abstract of your investigative work, carefully review the following submission guidelines. Case reports are not considered abstracts and should not be submitted. Data that has previously been presented elsewhere may be submitted; however, you are required to write an original abstract that fulfills the accepted criteria for copyright purposes.
Abstracts may not exceed 300 words. Included in the word count are the following: introduction, methods, results and conclusion. The four section headings (introduction, methods, results and conclusion) may not be substituted with different terms and must appear in the submitted abstract. References, tables, figures or any other graphics are not permitted. Brand names may not be used in abstract titles and are limited to one reference within the abstract body. An individual may be first author on a maximum of two abstracts.
In order for a proposal to be accepted, the work must be high-quality, emerging data found between December 2012 and March 2013. Abstracts will not be accepted for presentation if they fail to reflect acceptable scientific methodology, if the data or statistical analyses do not justify the conclusions, if they lack sufficient scientific or clinical merit, or if no data are included.
Late-breaking abstract submission will open Tuesday, February 19, 2013, and will close Friday, March 15, 2013. The deadline will not be extended under any circumstances. Revisions and/or proofing are not permitted after the submission of the abstract. Review your work for accuracy; abstracts will be printed exactly as submitted.
General Guidelines for Submitting a Late-breaking Abstract for SLEEP 2013, the 27th Annual Meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies, LLC:
- Abstracts must be emerging data found between December 2012 and March 2013.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically as an attached Microsoft Word document to the APSS Meeting Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The abstract agreement release form must be submitted electronically with the abstract to the APSS Meeting Department at email@example.com.
- The payment form must be submitted via fax to 630-737-9789 within 24 hours of the submission.
- Abstracts must conform to the following outline:
B. Authors and Institutions
G. Support (optional)
- The abstract body (introduction, methods, results, and conclusion) is limited to 300 words.
- Brand names may not be used in abstract titles and are limited to one reference within the body.
- Total authors are limited to ten per abstract.
- References, tables, figures or any other graphics are not permitted.
The APSS will only acknowledge completed submissions containing:
A. The abstract as an attached Microsoft Word document;
B. The completed abstract agreement release form; and
C. The payment form for the nonrefundable abstract review fee of $50.00 per submission.
An electronic copy of the abstract agreement release form and the payment form are available on the official SLEEP 2013 website at www.sleepmeeting.org.
The contact author will be sent a confirmation receipt via email within one business day of sending in all completed work; this receipt must be saved in order to maintain proof of submission.
Notice for acceptance will be sent to the contact author in late April 2013. Submission of an abstract constitutes the commitment of at least one author to present the abstract as accepted. Expenses associated with the preparation, submission and presentation of an abstract are the responsibility of the author/presenter. Each speaker will be required to upload his/her presentation(s) to the central server in the Speaker Ready Room. Further audiovisual information and instructions will be provided in advance of SLEEP 2013. The accepted abstracts will not be printed in the SLEEP supplement. A copy of the accepted abstracts will be printed in the SLEEP 2013 Final Program.
- 2013 - Baltimore (7.75 MB, Enhanced PDF Format)
- 2012 - Boston (6.54 MB, PDF Format)
- 2011 - Minneapolis (5.36 MB, PDF Format)
- 2010 - San Antonio (6.9 MB, PDF Format)
- 2009 - Seattle (10.0 MB, PDF Format)
- 2008 - Baltimore (3.0 MB, PDF Format)
- 2007 - Minneapolis (2.5 MB, PDF Format)
- 2006 - Salt Lake City (3 MB, PDF Format)
- 2005 - Denver (6.7 MB, PDF Format)
- 2004 - Philadelphia (2.6 MB, PDF Format)
- 2003 - Chicago (2.56 MB, PDF Format)
- 2002 - Seattle (128 KB, PDF Format)
- 2001 - Chicago (9.8 MB, PDF Format)
- 2000 - Las Vegas (14.3 MB, PDF Format)
- 1999 - Orlando (729 KB, PDF Format)